The Museum is currently closed due to construction.
Please check back with us here on our website for updates
The B-17 Flying Fortress was designed and developed by the Boeing Airplane Factory in Seattle, Washington. Between 1939 and 1945 over 12,700 of these heavy bombers were built, not only by Boeing, but by Douglas Aircraft and Lockheed-Vega, as well.
The final model of the Flying Fortress was equipped with twelve 50-caliber machine guns for self-defense and carried a typical bomb load of 4,000 to 6,000 pounds over 1,800 miles.